One word definition of goings on the last two weeks in my world: HUH??
1. Why am I a racist if I disagree with policy? Not liking national health care makes me a racist? Not liking the banking bail out makes me a racist? Not liking the gun control plays going on in Washington right now makes me a racist? Hmmmmm. So since I've disagreed with policies of every president we've had since I was old enough to vote and pay attention.....
What exactly does that make me??? It must be something extra awful.
2. Why do so many women snub the beautiful women? Why do you refuse to sit next to them? Why do you invite them to things...and then leave them standing there with no one to talk to? Are you judging them by their looks or by their hearts? Why? Do you have any idea the hurt and confusion you leave these women in? Some of them are the best friends and with biggest hearts you'll ever meet. You have no idea what you are missing just because you assume they have it better than you or have it all or whatever it is that makes you move chairs to avoid sitting next to them. (If you've never met me let me inform you that I am not one of the beautiful people -- I just play one on tv.)
3. How do you handle feeling like the biggest parenting fail on the face of the earth? And how do you get through to a child you have actively taught...... and watch them reject that teaching and embarrass you to no end in company? You know they know better. You had a special talk with them to ensure they had the skill set necessary. They are a teen, not a child.
4. How do you handle a child that refuses to take responsibility for their own actions? Without killing them.
5. Why do some people get hit with tragedy after tragedy? Not tragedy caused by their own actions - random things that could not be avoided. How does God know who is that strong? I understand the need for growth in our lives.... but some people don't even get a chance to catch their breath! Why?
6. Why is my family so blessed? I know so many people that are such better Christians or just better people than we are that have it so much harder. Why has 90% of our lives as married adults been so easy?
7. How do you show support and heartfelt empathy to a friend so far away? How can you help when you are thousands of miles away?
8. Where the heck did the summer go????