Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy Hands Make Happy Hearts

I spent the day working on some Christmas ornaments for Songbird. Her scout troop will have a craft booth at a Craft Fair on the 15th of this month. They are raising money for their trip to NYC. I thought I would send her with a few extra things to try and help out a little. After all...you know who pays the difference if they don't raise enough money.

The fun thing is that it kept my hands and brain busy and happy. Since its election day and I really really don't want the other guy to win, it was a good day for a distraction. Never once tried to peek at the news or figure it out...tomorrow is soon enough to find out who the next president will be.

I have had this project sitting in a ziplock bag for no less than 10 years - ribbons, pins, the whole deal. I thought they looked neat so this was the perfect thing to give a try. The bad news is that I like them so much I want to keep them! LOL! Maybe they won't sell and Songbird will bring them home to me.

Well, still have several more colors to do so back to work!

Hugs to all that went out and voted. And I give anyone that sees my son permission to kick him in the pants for not voting.

I also came up with the idea that this would be a good month to count my blessings. So in each blog post I do this month, I'm going to start it with something I am thankful for. What better time than around our Thanksgiving?

So...

The number one thing I am thankful for is my husband. The guy I want to spend every day of my life with. We got married at 19, so we've been together a long, long time, and I look forward to tripling it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment