Thursday, November 20, 2008

Autumn Asks: Did I give you an award today?


Heather at Want What You Have gave me an award today. (Check out her page to see her answers...she will make you laugh). This is my first award. I think that means I'm somebody now...but I'll have to check to make sure. Anyways, thanks Heather!

Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this award:

"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"


Thinking of 10 things is always hard...but here goes:

1. I don't like spotlight attention. Can't stand being in charge. LOVE being the right hand of the person who is in charge and doing what needs to be done to keep them doing what they need to do.

2. I don't like being around 95% of other military wives. It's too hard. We are too lonely or stressed or tired or whatever. It's too much like being at a funeral.

3. I used to draw. So much that I was always in trouble in school for "doodling" on my work. So I stopped drawing. I picked it back up briefly while living in Iceland. The results:



4. I cross stitch -- but only when I watch tv -- which is not often and usually only movies. So it can take me 8 years to do one piece. Yes, 8 years. I tend to finish 1 piece per place we live. This would be Autumn Queen, that represents 8 years in Omaha.


5. I really, really, really want to learn to crochet or knit -- but haven't found anyone that can teach a serious lefty. I'm really hard to teach. I should be ashamed.

6. I spent too much money when my husband was overseas so much. Shopping was something to do to fill up the empty hours. Having always been frugal I find this quite shameful...even though "too much" wasn't into the thousands, it was still useless excess.

7. I am ashamed to drive a minivan. It is practical but ugly and boring. My first car was a 1969 fastback Mustang that screamed...and the minivan just doesn't compare. Heck, the Honda was better than the minivan.

8. I failed math classes in school. More than one even. But I was always the consumer math teachers favorite cause it was way too easy and I turned everything in and made A's.

9. I failed PE in high school. Not hard to do. Don't dress out and its pretty much over. I mean they really didn't expect me to play basketball or volleyball and risk breaking an nail did they?? Seriously. Not a joke.

10. I once threw my books at a star high school football player in typing class. And then I kicked him in the head when he bent down to pick them up. And I didn't even get in trouble although I did get pulled into the hall so the teacher could ask me what happened. That's the day the nickname "Spike" stuck. Sigh.

The 7 great blogs I will pass this on to are:

1. Angela at Adventures of a Supermom -- her blog entries are great. She is always making me laugh and the more I learn about her the more I love her!

2. Molly at Dark Oak Woman -- Molly is a fairly new web friend and I'd like to know a little more about her.

3. Amy at Having It All - one of my favorite people. Sure have missed getting the girls together and our play dates this fall!

4. Heidi over at Zeigler Family Adventures (Rainbow after the Rain) - another military and adoptive family that I love to keep up with.

5. Debbie at Suburb Sanity - another one of my new web friends that I like to follow. Would love to learn more about you!

6. Melissa at Tea with Milk - one of the blogs I have followed the longest. We tend to have "funks" at about the same time. Not sure what that means.

7. Suzie at Up the Hill Backwards -- fast becoming one of my very favorites. Love your blog!

7 comments:

  1. You are sweet. Btw, you're not in the dumps now, are you? Because I'm not. Must mean we're on the same wavelength. :)

    Take care, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun. I will enjoy doing this. It was nice to learn more about you. The art is great. You should pick that back up. And I bet a local yarn shop would have people in it that could teach you knitting or crocheting. Failing PE - now that's just funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!! You made my day

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean I actually have to post something now?!?!

    I'll do it....I just won't promise when.

    Thanks for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawings are SO impressive! Truly, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - thank you!!! How kind of you!!! I'll get to the post as soon as I can!

    I am AMAZED at your artwork! And I think minivans rock.

    Enjoy your time away even though I know it's not all a bed of roses. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete