Saturday, July 12, 2008

Autumns asks why kids get sick at the same time...even when they aren't around each other?


Songbird has returned from a fun week at church camp. First thing I noticed was that she is sick. They were giving her Tylenol for the headaches and she had been running a fever for a few days. After hearing about her fun on the inflatables on the lake...a giant iceberg looking thing that you slide off of and smash into the water...and water shoots up your nose. No brainer. Looks like a trip to the Ped for a sinus infection. High impact lake water up your nose will do it every time.

And Saturday morning Mighty Mouse was up very early. She sat in the kitchen and cried. Didn't come to wake us up or anything. And that's about the way the whole day went. She too was running a fever - which I discovered at her friend's birthday party that morning - and had a flushed, swollen face and black under her eyes. Another sinus infection? Maybe just a cold. I don't know where she picked it up from.

Either way MM was not very fun at her friends party. She hasn't been that big of a stick-in-the-mud for some time. I must say I love Madi, she is so patience when MM decides not to talk or play. The kid has a really great heart and it will be neat to see how that grows as she does.

Needless to say I'll be calling for appointments on Monday. How does it happen that they both get sick at the same time? I mean its a little convenient that I can make 1 trip into the ped's office, but give me a break! Oh well, its not like its puke or poop so I can't really complain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming MM is feeling better. What a sweet thought you shared. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete