Monday, August 29, 2011

Midnight Garden

This quilt struck me as perfect for my friend, The Only Girl.  I thought you needed a little girly in your life since you are surrounded by all boys.  It just seemed necessary.

This quilt actually started with the center - which is a pillow panel. I loved it and decided it was a quilt panel instead. LOL.

How I treasure this friend.  She is one of two people in my life that has the gift of prayer. And her heart is burdened by things that go on in our lives and she is quick to pull us together and pray. It is awesome to hear and be a part of.

My friend has been through many trials and tribulations the last few years. Some were very heart breaking, and I laid my head down and cried tears from my mothers heart more than once for her. And yet through it all she was faithful to believe it was in God's hands and stay true. I really admire her faith.

Friend I have missed you. I am glad you are a part of my life...even so far away.

3 comments:

  1. I love the flowers on the quilt, it's beautiful and your friend sounds like a beautiful person too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite so far.
    I love reading your feelings about your friends; how much they have meant to you and helped you over the years. These quilts are an absolutely priceless, tangible piece of those memories. Beautiful- physically, emotionally and spiritually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete