Santa was very good to us this year. (It's kinda a rebound effect when only 3 of your over 30 relatives even remember you have kids at Christmas.)
This year the big winners in our house that are already very broken in and well loved:
1. Mom's new slippers. Yes, I have had no slippers since it turned cold. Wore a huge hole in the ones I had last year. Tired of wearing two pair of socks and looking like I have the feet of a 9 month pregnant woman.
2. Quesadilla Maker - both the hubs and the teen have given this little appliance a workout. Bones had one but he took it with him when he moved out so the other two have been in mourning ever since. Problem solved.
3. Nintendo DS - Big brother to the rescue. The Mouse is now the proud owner of a video game. And she appears to be every bit as obsessive with it as he was at that age. Great.
4. itunes cards - three of us are loving it! When you have 1 iphone and 2 ipod touches, these things are worth their weight in gold.
5. Tinker Toys - it occurred to me that my youngest had no building toys when she went nuts over her cousins last year.
6. Camera for computer - the teen is now Skypeing.
7. Several different Bears jersey's - the hubs is happy and has a new wardrobe
8. Toaster - I know, how lame. But when your kids love waffles like my kids love waffles, this is a must have appliance. And my old one bit the dust. We wore it out.
9. New socks - my poor kids
10. Personal DVD player - the Mouse really was spoiled this year.
Now there are a billion other gifts that were received and are well loved also, but these teen have seen pretty much constant use. There is also a rather thick stack of gift cards the girls are wanting to get out there and spend. But mom does not go shopping the week after Christmas. Plus I don't have a car to take them anyhow.
And on that subject, the truck is fixable. We will be $2400 poorer and no telling how long it will take, but we do NOT have to go car shopping. Maybe that should be listed as the number one Christmas present!!!
And also on that note....no wonder the 50's housewives went crazy. Being stuck at home with no vehicle and a to-do list is just not fun. Its rather frustrating. (Aren't we 2 car family Americans so SPOILED!?!?!?)
So how about you? What ended up being the most used gifts at your house -- not most loved so much as most used. Would love to hear!