Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Autumn Asks: Don't you love handy husbands?

I know I sure do. I miss my extra handy husband....the one pre-back surgery. But hubs is still good for a thing or two. If I can pry him away from work or school books.

Many moons back I posted pictures of the house on a "getting real" post started by Heather at Want What You Have. One was a picture of the garage. One was the laundry room. Both had not been touched since we moved in. I am happy to report that hubs has cleaned out the garage. It's not 100% put together yet, but it is also not the pit it was. And its only been two years.

And even better...I finally got him to put up cabinets in the laundry room. It had nothing. This was my storage:
It sat on the dryer collecting lint dust. Two years worth. You know I was too lazy to pull it out and dust it all off with the other house cleaning. The advantage of waiting two years to clean it was that by now it had a lint blanket...so all I had to do was peel it off. See, there WAS a method to my madness.

Anyways. As of yesterday, my laundry room now looks like this:
Oooohhhh! Aaaaahhhh! A normal looking laundry room with CABINETS! Aren't we handy??? We had never put up cabinets before. And can you picture me standing under them with the cabinet on my head while hubs screwed them into the studs??? Hey, it worked.

So hubs gets a brownie button today. Along with the muscle relaxers for the sore back. And that's what happens when your dear wife suggests you get a male freind to help you put them up and you decline. Like you've never had back surgery. Men.

And on the sewing front, I finished the bag I wanted for my Bible study books. I don't like it. First, I had to settle on the fabric as I couldn't really find anything I really loved in our town. In the one fabric shop we have. I did look at Hobby Lobby also but just didn't find what I was looking for. Second, I was afraid it wouldn't be big enough for all my books so I added about 3 inches to the width and an inch to the hieght...and its too big. So I will be making another with the original dimensions and just end up using this one for something else. Next project will be a laptop sleeve for my new laptop. Wish me luck!
The new year seems to have kicked us both into "get things done" gear. That's always a good thing. Lets see how long it lasts.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I wish my husband was handy :)

    Love the new header and everything!

    ReplyDelete