Sunday, December 30, 2012

Closing Down 2012


I have to say I'm glad to see this year end.

The year of unemployment.

The year our "free" medical insurance became too expensive to use. Leaving us high and dry.

The year of no dental insurance.

The year we used up what we had put away for retirement.

The year no contractors were hiring Hubs specialty because of trillions in cuts and more on the horizon.

The year I learned to hate the Dem and Rep parties equally.

The year I actually refused to respect the President just for being the President.

The year the words Hope and Change became dirty and ugly.



The last month of 2012 wasn't so bad.

It saw a paycheck for the first time in forever.

It saw all of my side of the family together for Christmas. We haven't all been together since my dad was dying.  I hadn't seen my sister in 4 years.

It gave us a look at what our non-government health care is going to be. Assuming all goes well.

And hey - someone else will be paying our share of the taxes this year. Enjoy.


2013 has the potential to be a good year. And I'm holding on to that.

A job.

Health and dental insurance.

A new home.

A new community.

Getting settled with the intent on staying put forever. (I've seen lots of intent that didn't work out that way - but I'm happy with the thought that this could be the last move.)

A chance to dig out from under the debt we have now accumulated.

So here's to hoping that 2013 posts will be much better than my 2012 posts!

A girl can dream!




2 comments:

  1. Praying that 2013 is a happier year, and that God abundantly blesses all you do and replenishes your losses for 2012 100x over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your new year is blessed and you have everything you ever wished for :)

    ReplyDelete