Friday, September 2, 2011
Last one! I promise!
After making quilts for all my friends, I made one for myself. Using the scraps from the other quilts. Up until the very end I had no ideal what I was going to do for my own. Along the way I did try a few blocks that I had seen on the internet that looked like good ways to use up scraps.
There is also a block with the state of Texas and the top one is a material I tried to design. I wanted a purple pony fabric and couldn't find one so I tried to design my own. Fail. But I kept the piece I had made and added it to the back. This fail is what resulted in finding the horse paper piecing so each of us would have a purple pony.
All the random borders on the front and back are actually the extras cut off of the other quilts when I was squaring them up. The binding is also all the tails from the other bindings that I sewed together to make mine.
And let me tell you this is one heavy quilt with all these fabrics.
So there you have it. The fruits of my labor from November to August.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with all these purple left-overs.