Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Since one of my favorite people in the whole world....Tricia.....does Thankful Thursday and pointed out how it makes you focus on those things at least once a week....I'm taking a page from her book and joining her.

I need this right now. See, the big personality trait that God has to work on the hardest with me is....patience. You know, that trait you need when you have a house on the market and the market is over saturated with houses in your price range. And you know that if you move you MIGHT make it 3 months paying a mortgage and rent but then you are going under and won't be able to pay your bills. Or buy groceries. Or gas for the car. Or make the car payment (at least one is paid for so we won't be totally screwed when the other gets repo'ed.)

This is when being in the military sucks.

ANYWAY!!! Thankful.....

I am thankful that my middle child has now mostly adjusted to the move to come. I am also thankful for the number of her friends that have rallied around her instead of cut and run since she's leaving anyways. I'm thankful that they have planned several going away parties for her and still include her in their summer.

I am thankful that I can now leave the youngest in a totally strange environment with child care workers she's never seen before and she is fine....will actually choose it over shopping with mom and dad (IKEA childcare rocks!!!!).

I am thankful for an adult son that will come over for sisters birthday...and bring his girlfriend because his little sister asked him to.

I am thankful that I live in a house that doesn't need repairs to sell it.

I am thankful for paying off one more debt and a car this last month. That leaves us down to 2 large debts and the van. That makes it like 6 debts paid off in 8 months. Its been hard but oh so satisfying.

I am thankful that I have whole/healthy children. I am so blessed to not deal with any of the things so many other parents live in their daily lives. I don't pretend to understand why I have this blessing....but I thank God for it each day I live it.

I am thankful to be a member of a church I don't want to leave. I didn't think I'd every find one like that again. God restored my faith in many ways here in this church.

I am thankful that my husband took the girls and has left me here alone. I can't leave them in the house even to run to the corner store with the house on the market and I'm feeling very caged.

I am WAY thankful for great friends that have planned a weekend at a lake house for us ladies before I leave. No husbands or kids. Only baby M will be joining us... which is awesome since I haven't even had a chance to hold her yet!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a lot of things! Right now, I am thankful that God has reminded me to remain in Him. And that when I remain in Him, He remains in me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful things to be thankful for!!

    I'm thankful for a smart husband who can land on his feet after being let go abruptly from what we thought would be a "forever job". And thankful for parents who'll let us skip on the rent if we need to in light of that fiasco.*G*

    Molly

    ReplyDelete