Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Day in the Life of a Jr. High Student's Mom

Ring! Ring!

Hello?

Mom!?

Yes?

You know how we said I could just eat dinner when I got home from the track meet?

Yes.

Well, turns out we are not going to be getting back until really late. Could you pack me up a lunch with a sandwich and some fresh fruit and stuff?

You mean dinner?

Yeah.

Okay. What time does the bus leave?

2:10.

It's 1:53. There is no way I can make you something and get it up to the school in that amount of time!!!

Oh. Well I guess I'll just have to eat when I get home.....

What if I bring you cash? Aren't there concessions?

YES!!!!! That would be great!!!

Be there in 3.


And I was. And anyone that knows me would be amazed since I refuse to take forgotten lunches and let my kids go hungry when they don't handle their stuff. And yes, the office help did snicker at me.


(And the child did not get home until 10:30 pm so its a good thing I was feeling the love....)

No comments:

Post a Comment