This is a blatant rip-off from a post on Serene Journey:Tips to Enjoy Life. Loved her list and her commenter 's ..... although the one that said lap dance was TMI.
"There are a lot of things that make us happy, that make us smile. But what about all those little things those seemingly unimportant, often overlooked things that bring us a HUGE, disproportionate amount of joy?"
So here are my 7:
1. Receiving a new book in the mail from BookMooch. This is a trading site so I didn't actually pay for it in the traditional sense....I traded for it. Free books rock.
2. Ending up somewhere breath-taking in nature. A walk in the woods or mountains or the beach. Nature is so beautiful! And I can't help but thank God every time I end up seeing these wonders.
3. A fun day or trip with my whole family. This almost never happens now that Bones is old enough to live on his own. So at this point, just having the 5 of us sitting around a table eating, joking and cutting-up is sheer happiness.
4. Growing, harvesting and eating my own food. So far that has only been tomatoes, but the joy of FRESH food and knowing my hands and work are responsible for the outcome makes me very happy.
5. Finding an incredible bargain. It can be clothing, house stuff or food even. Being able to use our money wisely always makes me ultra happy. I'm a geek. I know it.
6. When my husband reaches out and holds my hand. Whether its walking across a parking lot, taking a walk or whatever. Nothing makes me feel more happy and cherished than holding DH hand.
7. Time spent with true friends. This never happens enough in life. Especially if you move often. The happiness factor just from an evening sitting around with my friends is not only a happiness booster...its a sanity saver.
So, there you have it . The little things in life that make me disproportionately happy. And even though this is not really a "tag" post, I'd love, love, love to read your answers:
Melissa at A Contemplative Joy
Adrielle at all that is precious
Angela at Adventures of a Supermom
Kylie at Bus Driver
Mary at Confessions of a Craft Addict
Donna at Confessions of a Crazy Lady
Molly at She Sure Is Strange/Dark Oak Woman
Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Amy at Having it All
Jennifer at Joyful and Graceful Living
Kelly at Our Life is a Riot
Debbie at Suburb Sanity
Suzie at Up the Hill Backwards
Heather at Want What You Have
Carrie at with all that I have been given
Heidi at Rainbow After the Rain