Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gun Shy

I know I haven't been keeping up with the updates.  At this point I'm afraid to hope that this house will actually go through. I'm a little gun-shy about being hopeful. Sad but true.

The house did pass its inspections.  You guys, the INSPECTORS were high-fiving each other. LOL!! These guys were so awesome -- we used the same guys for each house so they were feeling real sorry for us.

Of course there are a few things here and there to take care of over time. The house was built in 1977 so of course there are little things. And septic does need to be pumped but we have the sellers paying closing costs so we will do that out of our pockets. That was the deal. I'm okay with that.

Closing is supposed to be the 28th of this month. I'm waiting for that phone call telling me they need longer. You just never know when dealing with the VA. But so far so good.

I did have a time with finding house insurance. Sticker shock. Turns out Texas is now the highest price state to insure a house in. You not only have hurricanes on the coast, tornadoes, hail and winds-- but now they have the wild fires from two years ago. We have actually passed Florida even. Unbelievable.

And then there is the doberman. We couldn't even use one of those places that will search lots of insurances at once. When you admit to having a dobie it drops down to one company that will even consider and that's for an extra thousand a year.  Honestly happened to me.  But I was able to find a few that don't discriminate on breed -- only bite history. And its now all worked out.

And USAA is losing 100% of our business.

So that is all I have on the house for right now.  Once this becomes real I will tell you more about it. Everyone keeps asking me if I love this one.  I really like it...but I had hoped for a bigger kitchen. And my quilt studio is not on central air. That's really the only don't likes.  So, I am not unhappy at all. Also it is not in Waco and is a bit of a drive -- but only as far as we used to live so that doesn't really count either...AND it has a grocery store whereas China Spring did not. So again, that's good.

Hoping to do a nice "look at my house!" post in a couple weeks.

Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment