Saturday, July 6, 2013

Trailer Tales: The Locked Out Edition

Did you know that it is very easy to get locked out of a travel trailer? That the lock has a design flaw that makes it happen rather often? And that lock smiths are very used to getting calls from locked out campers?

I didn't know either.

But I sure found out.

At 9:30 at night when I took the dogs out. And Mouse decided to come outside too.

In her pajamas.

And Songbird was out of town with the other key.

Luckily I walk around with my phone in my pocket most of the time. I was able to use the yellow pages ap and get a locksmith out in 30 minutes.  And I had been to the bank that day to pick up some cash.....I just didn't know thats what I would be spending it on!

Also in current new Mouse lost a tooth and we found that the tooth fairy DOES come to trailers also. Guess she didn't get locked out.

And in the "you've got to be kidding" category:
Songbird had her first accident. She walked away with a scratch on her ankle. Baby Molly isn't so lucky. She lost a tire, most of her lights and needs a new bumper and possibly a hood but maybe not. Moms - although SUV's are more likely to roll (she over-corrected into a ditch and laid it over), my baby was not hurt. All the first responders were amazed. Lets just say I'm a fan of teens in Durango's at this point.

Instead of that car shopping Songbird and her daddy were about to do, the new plan is to make the Durango street legal and give it to her. Daddy gets the new truck.  Tire, lights and a front end alignment might do it.

Did I mention this our tow vehicle? Tell me that this wasn't inevitable with the way our life goes. How could one of us not wreck Molly since we NEED her?

In other craptastic news, the chihuahua got hurt somehow. I'm leaning towards it being a wasp sting on his back at this point as its the only thing I can think of.  He cried whenever you touched his back. It was bad enough one day that I actually wondered if he had an injured spinal cord. But after the third day he seems to be better and not crying when you pet him or pick him up. Thank goodness for the small things.

And that about wraps up our first rotation without daddy in the trailer. Stitches, wrecks, family drama from hell that has ended all my tolerance, injured dog, locked out....and no house.

I have to say it makes me wonder if we were supposed to come back here after all......

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there... all things must come to an end - eventually!

    ReplyDelete