Friday, February 22, 2013

Pinterest Project #22

Another recipe for you. There are not alot of things from my pinterest boards that I can really get into while staying here. Mostly its recipes and quilts for now.

I had a spaghetti squash that I was going to use in place of pasta with my spaghetti sauce -- but the call of the pasta was just too strong. So then I needed a recipe.

A quick shout out to FB gave me some great suggestions. Mircle recommended that I just put the veggies from my recipe on the squash since I didn't want to make the sauce again. I thought that sounded pretty good. So I did a quick search using some of those veggies and the squash and this is what came up.

Mushroom Primavera with Spaghetti Squash from the Refined Chef site.  Here is the link to the original post. Its a nice site to browse.

Anyways...my take on this one: Not saucy enough. I did read a bunch of suggestions that mentioned using Laughing Cow wedges instead of the feta and that making it saucier. Might be worth trying because the recipe was really good...I just like sauce. If I could figure out what to use without adding too many calories I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Worth a try for sure.

Still on the hunt for more spaghetti squarsh recipes that stand in as a meal. Let me know if you  have any!

1 comment:

  1. I have one that is low calorie.

    http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2011/04/spaghetti-squash-with-garlic-alfredo.html

    ReplyDelete