Thursday, April 28, 2011

Autumn Asks: Have Any Confessions?

I've got nothing. That would be why I'm so quiet over here. I should probably feel guilty....but I don't do guilty very often. I own where I'm at.

So Cassie at This Journey Through My Life did a post on 10 confessions today and asked us to join in. Click on over and visit Cassie...she's having one of those weeks. If you are a mom you know exactly what I mean. A cyber hug would not be remiss.

So Cassie, here's my 10 confessions for the last couple of weeks:

1. I feel like napping every day lately. I know its probably more about allergies than anything since its spring, but it really makes me feel like a slug.

2. I have zero motivation to get anything done. I'm working on a big project and I have the "don't wanna" syndrome. When I try to get started....I go take a nap instead.

3. I haven't really cleaned the house in 3 weeks besides a courtesy swipe at the dust and vacuum runs.

4. My kitchen has been flooded daily for over a month and I'm so sick of calling it in that I just throw towels down and change them out daily. I would never do that if I owned the place. (Of course I would have FIXED it if I owned the place....not played around with housing maintenance.)

5. My meds expired and ran out in Feb and I waited until last week to make an appointment and get it all going again.

6. I hate prom even more now that I'm forking out the money for my daughter than I did when I was a teen and refused to go. What a money hole. For what?

7. I'm so tired of my baby coming home from school with sickness or bugs. Really???? Right now there are several parents that I would like to actually smack for sending their kids to school to infect others. And I'm not talking about the people that didn't even know...I'm talking about the parents that DO know and send their kids anyways. I've acquired an education on how many people do that when chasing down these issues to ensure further contamination doesn't occur. I have no nice words for these people so I shall shut up now. It's almost sent me back to home schooling.

8. We've been here almost 2 years and we still haven't found a church.

9. We've been here almost 2 years and the garage is still not unpacked and organized.

10. By Christmas I bet I have more gray hair than red. It's not gonna be pretty people. And I can't decide if coloring my hair is worth it. After all, we KNOW that hair dye is a serious carcinogenic. Is it worth the increased cancer risk? Look like an old hag or die a painful death. Can't decide.

So how about you? What kind of nasty confessions are you willing to share?

3 comments:

  1. I'd comment fully, but you pretty much covered all my confessions--especially in regards to sleeping/napping and housecleaning or lack thereof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, yay. :) I love your confessions. It's nice seeing other peoples, it lets you know your not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair might look really cool if you let your gray come in! I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete