....Do In 2010
...that you have never done before?
Just curious. As we should all learn and grow every year, I'm curious what you did.
I was trying to think of the new things I did last year. I don't have all that many. Or at least I didn't think I did.
Here's what I've got....
1. Went to DC for a college graduation. With hubs only. Now, we were in DC once before when we were moving to Iceland and that is where we flew out of. But that was in the middle of a move with the whole family so this one was better. LOL
2. Went canoeing. I rode in a canoe once before in my life but the things intimidate me. This time I actually used a paddle and had a great time. Even if it did pour down rain on us. Twice.
3. Read a bunch of new books listed in the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.
4. Tried free motion quilting.
5. Took a quilting class.
6. Took a plane to several different places, several different times, by myself for recreational purposes only. Totally unheard of due to the fact that we usually can't afford plane tickets, and I never take off by myself just to do something for myself. It doesn't suck.
7. Let my teen leave the house multiple times in clothing I don't approve of.
8. Turned a teen loose with a cell phone on my plan instead of a pay-as-you-go. And found out that my teen averages almost 8000 text messages a month. How many is that a day?
9. Bought clothes in a size I swore I would never wear.
10. Watched a tv series religiously and counted the days to the next episode. Ok - so it was The Walking Dead and there were only 6 episodes. Still - I've never followed a show before.
So now I'm thinking ahead and wondering what new thing to get into this year.
Can't really think of much that I'd like to do. I was going to go on my first cruise....but finances killed that one. Same with a birthday trip with my sister to Savannah (my birth place actually) for the St. Pat's celebration. Don't see trips this year.
I think most of my new stuff will be surprises instead of planned.
So what about you? What new things did you do this last year....and what new things do you WANT to do this year???