Saturday, January 29, 2011
Autumn Asks: Do You Have A Sweet Tooth?
I was awarded a sweet little award today. Danie over at Looking for My Punk Rock Girl awarded it to me. And I'm so glad she did. Not because I feel especially sweet or anything...but because I went to her blog and read through it as I didn't recognize her name.
LOVE the way this young woman writes and expresses herself. Love that she loves old movies and books and music I love. I am looking forward to reading her posts and seeing where she ends up in life. And Danie.....I'd love to see some of your paintings. Really. I would.
I also checked out the other blogs she awarded and loved them also. Some really good writers in the bunch.
Now...a quick side trip:
Mighty Mouse: "Mom, which one is my sweet tooth? Is it this one?"
Kid slays me.
So, as a winner of this award I am supposed to list 5 of my guilty pleasures:
1. Coca-Cola. Yep. You knew that one. Cancer in a can and I can't kick the habit.
2. Chai Latte from the coffee shop. Way too expensive, plus I'm not supposed to have milk. Don't do it often but I love them.
3. Books. I have book cases of them. Considering how often we move and how much they weight this is not a smart practice. But I'll just say it......the military libraries are not impressive.
4. Netflix. The three at a time and streaming leveling. I have my queue, hubs has his, teen has hers. Plus I have that sucker playing on the computer the whole time I'm in the quilting cave. Do you know how many cheesy B rate movies you can find on streaming???? Ahhhhh. Nerd heaven. Love it.
5. Lake house trips to see my favorite group of friends. Expensive. And worth so much more than I could ever spend.
Now its time for me to award the Sweet Blog award to 5 others:
Debbie at Suburb Sanity - because I didn't see it on Danie's blog list and I think she would love Debbie's writing.
Jane at Sew Create It - someone that I am just getting to know and really enjoy. She donates to Project Linus on a regular basis.
Wendy at Born In Our Hearts - another adoptive parent, sarcastic, mature (hah) parent who I totally get and hope to meet some day.
Quilting Ranny - because she truly is sweet. She is raising her grandkids, helps her grown kids and donates quilts all the time. I consider her an inspiration.
Krista at Spotted Stone - a new blog for me. Mom of three, living in Alaska and lots of outdoor family fun and quilting/sewing. I hate snow but she makes it look so good!