Saturday, January 29, 2011

Autumn Asks: Do You Have A Sweet Tooth?


I was awarded a sweet little award today. Danie over at Looking for My Punk Rock Girl awarded it to me. And I'm so glad she did. Not because I feel especially sweet or anything...but because I went to her blog and read through it as I didn't recognize her name.

LOVE the way this young woman writes and expresses herself. Love that she loves old movies and books and music I love. I am looking forward to reading her posts and seeing where she ends up in life. And Danie.....I'd love to see some of your paintings. Really. I would.

I also checked out the other blogs she awarded and loved them also. Some really good writers in the bunch.

Now...a quick side trip:

Mighty Mouse: "Mom, which one is my sweet tooth? Is it this one?"

Kid slays me.

Refocus:

So, as a winner of this award I am supposed to list 5 of my guilty pleasures:

1. Coca-Cola. Yep. You knew that one. Cancer in a can and I can't kick the habit.

2. Chai Latte from the coffee shop. Way too expensive, plus I'm not supposed to have milk. Don't do it often but I love them.

3. Books. I have book cases of them. Considering how often we move and how much they weight this is not a smart practice. But I'll just say it......the military libraries are not impressive.

4. Netflix. The three at a time and streaming leveling. I have my queue, hubs has his, teen has hers. Plus I have that sucker playing on the computer the whole time I'm in the quilting cave. Do you know how many cheesy B rate movies you can find on streaming???? Ahhhhh. Nerd heaven. Love it.

5. Lake house trips to see my favorite group of friends. Expensive. And worth so much more than I could ever spend.

Now its time for me to award the Sweet Blog award to 5 others:

Debbie at Suburb Sanity - because I didn't see it on Danie's blog list and I think she would love Debbie's writing.

Jane at Sew Create It - someone that I am just getting to know and really enjoy. She donates to Project Linus on a regular basis.

Wendy at Born In Our Hearts - another adoptive parent, sarcastic, mature (hah) parent who I totally get and hope to meet some day.

Quilting Ranny - because she truly is sweet. She is raising her grandkids, helps her grown kids and donates quilts all the time. I consider her an inspiration.

Krista at Spotted Stone - a new blog for me. Mom of three, living in Alaska and lots of outdoor family fun and quilting/sewing. I hate snow but she makes it look so good!



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Books are always worth any inconvenience! We have book shelves in every room and even had one (temporarily) in our bathroom:)
    Thank you for thinking of me. I could have a lot of fun with this one! And I am off to meet Danie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you said about me! I'm cracking up. Oh, yeah...you get me, all right!

    Thank God someone does!

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM is so funny! I love the way kids think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the books. Andy just bought me a Kindle, trying to get me to cut down on some weight. Might keep me from buying too many more in actual paper form... maybe. But there is no way I am getting rid of the books I already have. They are filled with love!

    ReplyDelete