Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mademoiselle Moo Cow

Baby quilt number two for my friend Kelly! It's a girl! Patriot will have a little sister! Woooo hooooo!!!!

And you know, I loved the black so well in the safari quilt that I used it again!

I saw this fabric line - Urban Farm- online and fell in love with it. I don't know why. I'm not a farm kind of girl really. So I was pretty excited when we found out Kell is having a girl. But I admit, if she wasn't going to have a girl I would have used this for a charity quilt or something because I bought it before knowing.

So...the reveal....
Front.....the patten is called Urban Baby. I like all the different sized blocks. Love the raspberry color picked up in this top paired with the black.

The Back. I actually used a solid piece of fabric for the majority of the back. I did piece some of the scraps from the front along the top and bottom border...its a thing with me.

You will have to excuse my model....I drug him away from I Am Legend. Not very nice of me.
A close up of some of the front fabrics. The black has little barns on it.
A close up of the back. I LOVE the pigs. And the chickens. And the cows. This is actually the fabric that grabbed my attention and started the wheels turning in my head. Love it.

Hopefully this little blanket has found its spot in its new home. Kelly, I love you! I miss your sunshine so much! Wish I could be there to welcome your little girl into the world! Hugs friend!

1 comment: