Not the best couple of weeks.
The school bus issue led to tears and nightmares and drama from that day until the end of the week. We were all ready to pull our hair out on how to deal with Mighty Mouse and her decision that she didn't like school and had decided not to go anymore.
Not that easy kid. And no matter what I told her, she didn't believe that I couldn't just say she was done with school and not send her anymore. Her daddy was ready to throttle her over the boo-hooing and not wanting to go. Big sister couldn't talk her out of it. But I got the best of the worst. I guess she learned a lesson. Mommy can't stop the world so she can get off. Nope. Not possible.
In this same time period we had a offer on the house. Ya'll, it was so bad it would have had us coming to the table with $18k+.
Not just no.....
And I explained to our Realtor that when we dropped the price like they wanted us to we were done. As it is we have to cash out Songbirds college account to come to the table at list price.
THERE IS NO MORE MONEY.
Not maybe. For real.
Second offer was made.
Did they not hear me?
Third offer we accepted at $500 off list price. Dont ask where I'm going to come up with the $500...especially when we don't know what the penalty will be for cashing in the fund and how much we will lose of it.
Last minutes of that 10th day (which is actually the 11th and I would win in court thank you very much) they decide they want $1k for repairs.
The important repairs are bogus. REALLY, REALLY bogus. Make up a lie kind of bogus.
Our realtor decides she will offer them $500 of her commission money but that's it.
They say no and start paperwork to terminate.
Their realtor comes back with she will chip in the other $500.
Contract still on.
If I return the updated signature.
Now, I am desperate to sell my house. But I don't want to sign. I actually like my neighbors.
Honest: I think this contract is just a waste of our time. They aren't going to buy. I fully expect they will walk out at the last minute and we will have had our home tied up for over a month with buyers who weren't really buyers. That is the character they have shown us for the last 12 days.
The good news is that I had this gut feeling from day one. So. When it falls through it won't be devastating. It was predictable. And I can come up with the $1k mortgage one month at a time much easier than the $8k+ at one time.
Back to MM: Good news is that MM has returned to school without the tears. The 3 day weekend helped her get rested and she is doing much better. She is even sick with a cold and still not complaining about going to school.
But of course yesterday we had the first confirmed case of Swine flu. And she has all the symptoms except fever, vomiting and diarrhea. So yes, I am waiting for that phone call to come get her.
Because that's how our life rolls.