Friday, May 8, 2009

Autumn Asks: Have You Had Your Chocolate Fix Lately?

I want to hurt Dairy Queen.

They are evil.

I have had my chocolate beastie under control for about a year now. Maybe once every 5-6 months I'll grab a Snickers in the check-out line....but for the most part I have had a handle on this problem.

And then....

I made the mistake of trying it.

O. M. G. I don't know if its just our store that goes overboard on the truffles, but I sure won't be shopping around to find out.

Now, I have had 2 of these in the last month.

Some of you might be saying to yourself that two really doesn't sound that bad.

Except I have issues with diary products.

And when I ask my 13 year old if she wants to go to Diary Queen and get a Blizzard, the sparkle jumps up in her eyes. She loves anything sweet, but has a special love affair with all things ice cream.

Yet, quickly on the heels of that sparkle, the light begins to fade out of those big beautiful eyes. You can see the visible struggle written all over her face. And then she asks. Mom, are you having one too?

The fear of being shut in the house with me all night after eating diary products is enough to make her think hard about how bad she wants this.

But I know her well. The roar of the sweet tooth is mightier than the threat of death in the gas chamber. She caves every time. Yep, those are my genes running that show.

And now all I can say is that I'm rather good about not getting into diary when hubs is around. Not only the pain and other effects to myself, but out of consideration to him, I don't get tempted often when he's home.

But hubs is out of town.

And summer travel rotation is just kicking in.

See you at the local DQ!

Soon!

3 comments:

  1. That looks unbelievable! I have a total weakness for chocolate, and being diabetic, that is not such a good thing... so I can understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lactaid? It is my dairy friend.

    ReplyDelete