Friday, December 5, 2008

The 8 Favorites Tag


Did you know you can gain 2 pounds by drinking 2 glasses of eggnog??? Okay, so they weren't 8 oz. glasses. But still!!! Oh well. At least I kept it even. That's one pound per cheek, right? I mean, I wouldn't want it to be 1 pound on one cheek and 2 pounds on the other.

My friend Amy at Having It All tagged me this week. This one will be a little tough for me but here goes.

8 TV shows I love to watch:
Uuummm....I might just have to take the "F" on this one. Will you still be my friend if you know I don't have a single show I watch?? It's more like this...

1. Netflix
2. SciFi Channel cheesy movies.
3. Netflix
4. USA movies
5. Netflix
6. Flix movies
7. Netflix
8. Any other channel with a good movie.


8 favorite restaurants:
1. Any authentic Chinese place. Back to Guangzhou was my favorite in Omaha - haven't found one here.
2. Vietnamese food places...the Clay Pot here is pretty good. Mighty Mouse loves the soup
3. Thai food places like Bangkok Royal here (Jitt's in Omaha)
4. Smitty's Barbeque - Panama City FL
5. Whataburger - which they have not had most places we've live....gasp!!
6. Spaghetti Warehouse
7. Small Mexican food dives in New Mexico and Arizona -- green chili to die for! The best was an actual tortilla factory with a little kitchen that sold green chili burrito's in their fresh tortilla's in Las Cruses NM.
8. The once or twice travel places.... an Indian place in the town outside Mildenhall AFB England; a coffee shop in Keflavik Iceland that made the best soup in bread bowls; a coffee shop in Guangzhou China where we ate most of our meals for 2 weeks

8 things that happened today:
1. Mighty Mouse had speech. She's doing so well that we are skipping a week again.
2. I had lunch with my sister-in-law that came into town to finish up some shopping and see her older boys.
3. I bought Mighty Mouse a new coat. Her's was looking too small and I checked the tag....size 18 months. Umm, yeah, a 4 year old in a 18m coat. I win the bad mommy award for today.
4. Dropped off two meals for friends.
5. Took a nap.
6. Watched Songbird sing at a Motion performance at church during an outreach program.
7. Took Songbird shopping for a winter coat since I was still feeling so guilty about little sis.
8. Read some of my favorite blogs.

8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Paying off debt.
2. Christmas!
3. Our next Bible study that begins in January.
4. Any and all playdates and coffee nights with my friends.
5. My oldest graduating from college.
6. Being a grandma instead of a parent (NOT in the near future please!).
7. Settling in one place and never moving again...but traveling every chance I get.
8. Heaven.

8 things on my wishlist:
1. That none of my children will make me a grandmother before they are married.
2. Having bills paid off and breathing room to live comfortably.
3. To drop 40 pounds.
4. A trip to Austrailia.
5. A homeland tour with Mighty Mouse when she is about 10.
6. To always have a church home that I enjoy and want to serve in.
7. Not driving a minivan anymore - I think a Jag will do.
8. For all my unsaved family to find Christ.

I am not going to pass this on to 8 others as it is such a busy time of year. You are tagged if you want to be...just post a comment and let me know you are doing it so I can go read yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment