As former missionary's to Africa and and African theme to the other three kids quilts, we kept this one in the same theme. I found a picture that was similar on Google and adapted it to the fabrics I had. The picture blocks and backing material are new, but many of the other fabrics are scraps from making his brothers quilts.
I would have had this one done in time. But the Bus Driver had to go and have her baby early.
I actually found this backing material first and was going to build the quilt around it. But then I found the animal squares and this became the backing instead.
I had a hard time deciding what to use as a binding. In the end I used a different animal print than the borders and I like that. It frames the black nicely.
With the busy patterns I thought the simple would be best.
Mom and baby are at home recovering and settling in. I managed to deliver the quilt on the day he was SUPPOSED to be born. LOL.
Maybe I can stay caught up with the next quilts now!