Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tectonic Plates

Another finish spring. Not being real specific as I have several gifts I am making for several things in the near future.

 This is another pinterest pin on my quilt board. It links to the blog Esch House Quilts where she has blogged about it here.

I liked the color with the gray and orange pop. I'm not usually an orange person but this was striking.

I used the 2 1/2 inch and 4 1/2 inch strip cutters on the Go!Cutter to cut the strips. I used a picture of the quilt to recreate the look. The blog does not have instructions - this is a quilt she made up herself and used as an entry in a show.
For the back I used a city scape fabric in greys and black. With the extra strips I made a few grey stripes and some wonky log cabin blocks to cover side to side.  Then I used left over pieces of the orange to finish it out.  A black/grey was used to bind it so its kind of like a picture frame.

I did not have time to wash it so there is slack showing in the back in the places I did not quilt through -- the orange areas on the front. This will shrink up and have the wrinkle texture when it is washed.

Quilt was boxed and delivered on our Dallas trip. Yet another rush to get it done. Seems to be the only way I know how to do it!!

I did not use a signature block as I was out of time but I did quilt my name and year into it.
 And thats Tectonic Plates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment