Friday, April 25, 2014

Pinterest Project #25

One of my friends here celebrated a birthday in the last few months. We all got together to do a dinner to celebrate her.  I think this is probably my favorite thing we do (after the road trips) together -- make a meal and enjoy each other.

So we all bring something to share. Right up to the night before I did not know what to make. So, to Pinterest I went. Seems like a good time to try out something I pinned to try some day.

I picked the Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips recipe. You can find the recipe here.



Oh. My. Goodness.

This stuff was fantastic.  And we ate almost the whole thing.  Everyone wanted to know what was in it and several wanted the recipe.

I made it again when I had company a month later.

I will say that the first time I used raspberries, but the second time I couldn't find any and had to use blueberries. The raspberries were far superior in taste. I also used a raspberry fruit spread and cut the sugar.

After the first batch I also ended up buying a type of cutter to help cut the fruit up like this. The first time I did it I spent over an hour just cutting the fruit in little squares. Too much work.

This guy made it so much easier the second time around. Plus I've used it for some other things now also.

So if you are looking for a fruit recipe to try I would recommend this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment